In the work force, almost one third of Americans will miss work because of a sickness or accident before they retire. As federal employees, you only accrue 13 days of sick leave per year and you are required to pay back any time borrowed. Have you ever been asked to donate your leave to a co-worker? Have you ever personally run out of sick leave? Think about how you would handle day-to-day living expenses if forced to miss weeks or months of work because of a sickness or an accident. We offer a solution! Our Short Term Disability plan provides a tax free monthly benefit in the event you become disabled due to a covered accident, sickness, or maternity. The exciting thing is that it’s guaranteed to issue and pays in addition to sick and annual leave.
- Guarantee issue on select amount (no physical or health questions)
- Accidents covered on and off the job, covers 50% of Workers Comp. or similar laws
- Benefit will pay along with your sick or annual leave
- 1 year, 6-month, & 3-month benefit period options
- Benefit starts after a waiting period. Choose between 14 day, 30 day, 60 day, or 90 day waiting periods
- Pre-existing conditions are covered after 12 months from effective date
- Maternity leave covered (childbirth must be 10 months after the policy effective date)
*See company brochure for full details.